We want you to feel comfortable and happy with your support of Toybox and so this is our promise, our commitment to you – we will fundraise responsibly and steward well the funds that you give us, for the greatest benefit of street children. We will treat you, and your personal information, in a caring and professional way.
We have committed to adhere to the Code of Fundraising Practice set out by the Fundraising Regulator , which includes our Supporter and Fundraising Promise:
We are committed to high standards
• We will fundraise in line with the policies and requirements of the Fundraising Regulator;
• We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds, comply with the Code and with this Promise;
• We will comply with the all laws including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment;
• We have not and will not sell or share your data;
• We will carefully research and train any third party working on our behalf to ensure that they are operating in a way that is appropriate and compassionate.
We Are Honest and Open
• We tell the truth and do not exaggerate;
• We will show you the difference that you have made;
• We do what we say we are going to do and document this in our Annual Reports ;
• We will fundraise with transparency, minimising costs wherever possible and answer all reasonable questions on this;
• We will be honest in the stories we tell and how we tell them.
We Are Clear
• We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used;
• We give a clear explanation of how you can make a one off or regular donation and how to cancel regular gift.
We Are Respectful
• We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of all our supporters and beneficiaries;
• If you decide to discontinue your support we will respect this decision and take the necessary steps in line with your requirements;
• If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so;
• We do not engage in cold telephone calling and will only call people who already support us and are happy to be contacted this way.
We Are Fair and Reasonable
• We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence;
• We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption.
We Are Accountable
• If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint. For information on making a complaint please see our complaints policy
To help us to keep this promise, please do keep us updated on any changes in your personal information. You can do this by emailing [email protected], by calling our Supporter Relations Department on 01908 360080 or by writing to us at: Supporter Relations, Toybox, G4 Challenge House, Sherwood Drive, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK3 6DP.
For more information on the Data Protection Act and your rights please visit the Information Commissioners Office website.